Powersave Installations Ltd
LED Solutions for Street Lighting
The primary appeal of LED street lighting is energy efficiency compared to conventional street lighting fixture technologies such as high pressure sodium (HPS) and metal halide (MH).
Powersave Installations supply and install LED Street Lighting solutions to suit any environment, including tunnels Our solutions not only reduce running costs but also maintenance. LED street lights have a long and predictable lifetime: The projected lifetime of LED street lights is usually 10 to 15 years, two to four times the life of conventional solutions.
LED street lighting have quick turn on and off, unlike fluorescent and high-intensity discharge (HID) lamps, such as mercury vapour, metal halide, and sodium vapour lamps, which take time to heat up once switched on. LEDs come on with full brightness instantly.
Advantages of LED Street Lights
- Low energy consumption: Many LED lighting retrofits have been claimed to dramatically reduce energy use.
- Long and predictable lifetime.
- Quick turn on and off.
- Immediate restart. LEDs do not have a problem restarting immediately (hot ignition) following a brief power failure or inadvertent turn off.
- Reduced glare: Directing the light downward onto the roadway reduces the amount of light that is directed into driver’s eyes.
- Higher light output even at low temperatures.